• Departure: near the « Etang d’or »
• The car park is at the first crossroads after the « Maison forestière » (forest house)in Eveuses, at the crossroads of the « Routes des Places” and the “Route des Eveuses”, you are only two steps from the cycle path.
• Take it, it takes you directly to the « Etang d’Or”. Go along the banks and go past the campsite. Turn left and continue to follow the cycle path-GR. Go to the “Four à Chaux » (lime oven), turn left onto the small road to Saint-Rémy-des-Landes, and Paincourt.
• In this small village, leave the road, take the path on your right and then turn left taking the PNR. Go alongside the D27 on your right. Go to the Town Hall in Clairefontaine-en-Yvelines, then turn right and follow the PNR to the wash house. From there (you are not on the PNR any more), cross the D29 and the D27, and you will see the PNR opposite you, take it to the “Châtaigniers”, then turn left onto the small road which goes down to Clairefontaine village.
• When you arrive in the village from the PNR onto the D27 which goes through the village of Clairefontaine, turn left, on the north side of the road, and go along the road for about 250 metres, you are heading towards Rambouillet. Go to the “Croix » (point 133) and turn right onto the « Chemin des Sables » to the « Carrefour de Goursac ».
• From there, turn left onto the GR1 PR-PNR. You are heading towards the “Etang de la Tour », cross the D906 and continue on the GR, then cross the D73. When you get to the pond, go alongside it (it will be on your left), you are still on the GR1 PR-PNR. Cross the D906 again and continue on the GR towards the « Étang d’Or ».you will have walked about 22km.
Sources :Office de tourisme de Rambouillet